Friday, July 16, 2010

Coming soon

Well, I have my post on Strečno half done, but I think I have a map on my entry ticket and that would be really helpful as Strečno is really complicated a little castle. Hopefully I will get that sorted and finished in the next few days.

Meanwhile, I'll be working on Helfštýn. Hopefully that will be up by tomorrow night.

Until then, some random photos:





This is the ruins of a castle near Strečno, which now sits in a park. I didn't get closer due to a storm on the horizon and road difficulties.


You have to watch out for falling rocks, and it's a shame the castle is not being repaired or at least conserved. There are so many castles in the area, however, I suppose you can't save them all.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool!

    That is a shame. It looks very ruinously romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruins are very romantic in a way. A few hours ago I went to a castle that was mostly ruins and only one tower was rebuilt. It was wonderful, and I really enjoyed exploring. There was a real sense of history and old age to the place.

    I also imagined all the things that archeologists could find buried there and considered changing fields ;)

    I'll be posting on those ruins last.

    ReplyDelete